The AN/PAS-13 Thermal Weapon Sight (TWS) is a second generation FLIR for use on rifles, surveillance missions, and shoulder-launched missiles. The PAS-13 can be used to see in total darkness, in adverse weather conditions, and through battlefield smoke and dust. The TWS provides interchangeable telescopes for quick adaptation to any mission. It has video output and has been selected as the sight for the US Army’s Land Warrior program. The combat-proven PAS-13 thermal sight is electronically programmable, requires no visible light to operate and will not shut down when hit by direct light. It is lightest enough to be hand-held operated. There are three PAS-13 variants the Light, Medium and Heavy, the LTWS, MTWS and HTWS respectively.
Raytheon PAS-13BV3 heavy thermal weapons sights were made in 2005 but utilize an outstanding 300mm objective lens at 3.3x wide FOV, 10x Narrow FOV optical magnification, and 2x digital zoom. The unit operates with a cryogenically cooled one inch sensor at 3-5um spectral response and can detect cars at 5+ miles and human at 3 miles. With 640 resolution and a pixel density of 25 micron, this unit is made to be mounted on various rifles up to 50 Cal. The manufacturer spec sheet states that the unit can handle the vibration shock from an M60 tank turret.
If the front lens is shot off, the scope will still operate when you push the “Emergency Mode” button. The thermal core of the unit will be forced to operate with the front segment of the scope missing. The PAS-13B has been used by troops in Iraq for long distance target detection.
Comes with Soft case, Pelican case, and a battery. Great for long range surveillance. Originally sold to the military at $27,000 per unit.
- Choice of 4 reticles from menu screen
- Reticle has bullet drop compensator
- Can detect a human at 1.2 kilometers and a vehicle at 6.9 kilometers because of a 6 stage cooled thermal core
- The spec sheet says that it requires no maintenance, just cleaning the external surfaces
- Submersible in water
- Can withstand temperatures from 30 below zero to 120 degree heat
- Has dark hot, light hot. Wide view and narrow view, and zoom feature
- In wide view the magnification is 3X, in narrow view the magnification is 10X
- Can be mounted on a tripod or picatinny rail